Hilton and Amex are offering 60k Hilton Honor points for signing up for this credit card!
Is this a good deal?
Starting with the pro’s we will find out if this makes sense for you:
• 60k points, enough for roughly 2-6 nights if utilized “to the max”.. (bad joke)
• No Annual Fee, ever!
• Only $750 minimum spend to get your points, that is super easy to do in 90 days.
• Automatic free Hilton Silver Status as long as you keep the card (late check out, free wifi, 5th night free when you book the first four nights with points)
• You earn 5x points at grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants. If you spend $500 a month in those categories for one full year you will have earned 30k points!
• Hilton points don’t go quite as far as some other hotel loyalty points. But…this card has no annual fee, so that is a decent trade off.
• Every so often they offer a similiar card with a 80k point offer. But… that card has an $85 annual fee the first year and you have to spend $3,000 in 90 days. Not worth the extra 20k points, IMO.
Okay, so after you spend the $750 dollars the points will post to your Hilton account as soon as your statement closes. If you spend the $750 before your first statement close date the points can be yours about 3 weeks after you get the card! If you are anything like me the points will be burning a hole in your invisible points wallet. What are some good uses of 60,000 Hilton points?
This hotel, Hilton Chicago/Indian Lakes Resort, is only 30k points a night so you could get two free nights here with this sign up bonus. This hotel is usually $160 a night + tax, so two free nights would get you a $350 value in free stays.
This hotel, Hampton Inn in Spring Hill, Florida, is only 10k points per night. That means you could stay for 6 nights free at a minimum. Since you will have “Silver status”, you will be able to book 4 nights for 40k points and get the 5th night free. You would still have 20k points left over and would have stayed 5 nights at a Hampton Inn which is about 45 minutes from Honeymoon Island State Park.
Don’t forget to check out awardmapper.com to see where you can stay with your points.