Calling all non Sprint users. If you have thought about signing up for a new Sprint service, now may be the time. New Sprint customers can receive 20,000 American Airline miles within 8-10 weeks after activating their new service.
Earning points from Cell Phone sign-ups is not a new thing, however 20,000 points is a fat bonus. Southwest will usually give you 4,000 or so points for enrolling in a new At&t or Verizon account.
If you keep your Sprint service for a year, you will receive an additional 5,000 miles, giving you a total of 25,000 American Airline miles.
What can I do with 25,000 American Airline miles?
For starters, that is enough for a round-trip anywhere in the lower 48. Starting March 22nd, you will only need to use 7,500 miles for a one-way in the lower 48 if that flight is fewer than 500 miles. That 500 miles is the distance between the two cities that you are flying. Some example routes under 500 miles would be; San Francisco and Los Angeles or Boston to Baltimore. That means you could squeeze out three one-way flights just for signing up for a cell phone! Use this calculator to find out the distance between two cities.
Here are the details for the 20,000 points sign up bonus:
- New Sprint account must register within 30 days of new line activation.
- Adding or transferring a new line of service to an existing Sprint account does not make the account eligible for 20,000 miles award. Existing Sprint accounts are only eligible for the Sprint Monthly Loyalty niles offer.
- 20,000 miles are deposited in one award.
- Only one 20,000 miles award per AAdvantage® member.
- Only one 20,000 miles award per new Sprint account.
- New Sprint accounts qualifying for 20,000 miles offer can also earn monthly Loyalty miles as long as they participate in the offer and remain active and in good standing.