Looking to give your new year ‘savings’ resolution a kick-start? This bonus for new Wells Fargo customers can certainly help out. *appears to be targeted*
If you enroll by February 17th and meet the requirements, you’ll be looking at a healthy $250 bonus!
It doesn’t seem that you will need a credit check to qualify. Also, a simple $25 deposit is all you need to open the account. This appears to be one of the easier bank account bonuses to qualify for. I don’t see any language that says ‘one bonus per household’. Spouses may be able to each receive a bonus for a total of $500 per couple.
Enroll here (this offer appears to be targeted)
Please read the fine print and qualification requirements below. The promotion page displays this text: “This is an exclusive, nontransferable offer.” This is a very generic statement (non specific) so you could be in the clear if you aren’t specifically targeted, but do your homework. I will post data points as they become available. If you have a local branch nearby, I would go talk to a banker and see if you were targeted or if you can qualify regardless.
- All consumer checking accounts, including non-interest-earning checking accounts (except Teen CheckingSM) are eligible for the bonus of $250. The prepaid Wells Fargo EasyPay Card is not eligible.
- You cannot be:
- A current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account
- A Wells Fargo team member
- A recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer)
- Open a new, eligible consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 (not including the bonus) by February 17, 2017.
- Within 60 days of account opening, either make 10 purchases/payments with your Wells Fargo Debit Card or establish a qualifying Direct Deposit of an accumulated $500 or more to the consumer checking account opened for this bonus offer.
- The 10 debit card purchases/payments must be from the primary linked consumer checking account opened for this offer.
- A qualifying Direct Deposit is your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income, electronically deposited to your consumer checking account by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify as a Direct Deposit.
- Offer available in all Wells Fargo branches or online
- Offer cannot be:
- Paid without a valid U.S. taxpayer ID
- Combined with any other consumer deposit offer
- Reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred, or traded